Weekend Meals at Home Driver
Weekend Meals at Home Driver
Hours: 9 hours per week (Saturday & Sunday)
Salary Range: *£16,550 - £20,209 pro rata
*equivalent to £8.57 - £10.47 per hour
A £10 shift allowance payable per day worked
Following the ongoing transformation of our Community Services Team, we are looking to recruit a Meals at Home Driver to work 9 hours per weekend as follows:
Saturday- 09:30 am - 2:30 pm
Sunday - 10.30 am - 2:30 pm
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be able to:
- Drive one of our purpose adapted vans delivering hot lunchtime meals at home on weekends and some Bank Holidays.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Prior experience of face to face work with specific groups or members of the public in the provision of an enabling or customer-oriented service.
- Cash handling and basic administration skills.
- A current full driving licence, appropriate for vehicle type.
- An understanding of the needs of and issues faced by older and vulnerable people.
- A “can do” attitude and commitment to customer service.
- The ability to remain calm and cheerful even when working under pressure.
- The ability to work on own initiative and also within a small team.
- That you are approachable, courteous and have a calm disposition.
Whilst some experience of working with older and disabled clients is preferable, full support and training will be given to the right candidate. For an informal discussion about the role please contact Andy Pickering on 01276 707651 between 09.00 and 16.00 Monday to Friday.
Benefits include 23 days annual leave (pro-rata), Local Government Pension Scheme, free parking and lifestyle rewards benefits.
To apply, please visit https://ats-surreyheath.jobsgopublic.com/vacancies/list
Closing date: 19th January 2020
Interview date: TBC
NO AGENCY CALLS PLEASE
Surrey Heath Borough Council – Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Surrey Heath Borough Council is committed to equality of opportunity in employment and service delivery and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community. If you are unable to apply online for reasons of disability, please call 01276 707396 to discuss any reasonable adjustments that may be made to accommodate your individual requirements.
All successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment checks in line with BPSS guidelines, which includes standard identification, referencing and unspent conviction checks. Surrey Heath Borough Council undertakes not to discriminate unfairly against any subject of a disclosure on the basis of conviction or other information revealed.
For the best chance of successful application, please read the Job Description and Personal Specification fully before applying for this vacancy as it contains information you will need to refer to when applying. We do not accept CV’s submitted without a fully completed application form. If you have not heard from the council within 4 weeks of the closing date you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful. All unsuccessful applications will be removed and confidentially disposed of 6 months after the closing date.
If you have any further enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01276 707396.
For technical issues, please contact Jobsgopublic directly.